Friday, March 14, 2008


So I thought this post on Craigslist was vaguely humorous. It's your typical vague, say-nothing apartment post that has no pictures of the actual apartment -- but it has a random picture of a seal (it turns out it's actually a sea lion). Yeah, it's not really very funny but at the time I thought it was and I thought the guy who posted may be a little crazy (most brokers are) -- until I saw this, and his craziness was dwarfed like Billy Crystal in "My Giant."

"I am an elderly lady, in my 70's. I am looking for someone lovely to live in the second bedroom(lovely people only). I am not thrilled about living with someone but I could use the extra cash. I have only one rule. You must wear a belt I designed that has bells all over it. I do this so I know when you are in the appartment and where in the appartment you are.

If you have friends over, they must wear the device as well. I only have 2, so no more than 1 friend over."

I can't decide if this is a real post or just a misplaced pitch for an episode of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent."

No comments: